Wednesday 29 February 2012

SLAG9 vs SLABS XEON 5160 Cross Compatability

When looking for a 1333FSB XEON dual core prcessor you may come across SLAG9 or SLABS

I found some SLAG9s on ebay and thought I would give them a shot as they were 1/4 price of SLABS they work fine.

Features of SLABS:

EM64T technology ?
Enhanced SpeedStep technology ?
Execute disable bit ?
Thermal Monitor 2
Virtualization technology

Features of SLAG9:

EM64T technology ?
Enhanced SpeedStep technology ?
Execute disable bit ?
Thermal Monitor 2
Virtualization technology


There is no differernce between the two as far as I can see and they work fine in my XW8400

For completness I should mention the SLAC3 aand SLAED which are quad core, which I guess whould be fatser under high load use.

Environmental Consultants

Flood Risk Reports

Environmental Permit Applications

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave question they will get answered! But no spam please I will delete it. :-(