Monday 12 November 2012

SD to 44 pin IDE Adaptor - Here there be dragons.

SD to 44 pin IDE Adaptor - Here there be dragons.

My aging IBM T40 thinlpad has been a good old sport for the last 3 years, but the battery life is becoming an issue, so upon another impending rteinstall of the OS I thought I would try and put a SD to 44 pin IDE Adaptor in it, witha high speed SD card.




It is a nice idea to be able to upgrade an aging laptop for £7. But in my case this was a wasted £7! I have tried this adapter (KTC chip) witha 4GB Sandisk Ultra (Class 6) and a 8GB Kingston (Class) No Joy.

So would I recommend this product. No. Buy a secound hand IBM T60 and get a proper SSD, more expensive by far. But Infinatlt better value . . .

More:

IDE 44 to SD on Amazon - Reviews with Instructions

I did try a CR to IDE 44 adaptor  a few years back, and that didn'y work either! What am I doing wrong . . .

 Sustainability Consultants

Flood Risk



 

1 comment:

  1. It certainly is the ram on the network. afoot on abnormal persona's deeds. I contemplate it turned away a colossal vulnerable, more I has nay been stubborn to slander that, or possibly anyone. Rally Seat cover

    ReplyDelete

If you leave question they will get answered! But no spam please I will delete it. :-(